CIRRIE is pleased to provide cultural competency resources by continuing some programs begun in our last cycle as well as developing new initiatives.
- Interprofessional Simulation Cases for Cultural Competence, simulated clinical encounters with manikins and standardized patients for cultural competence training of rehabilitation students or providers.
- Culture in the Curriculum, targeting pre–service university training by creating new curriculum materials tailored to professional programs.
- Curriculum Guides addressing topics specific to Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology and Rehabilitation Counseling.
- The Rehabilitation Provider's Guide to Cultures of the Foreign-Born, an eleven-volume monograph series, provides specific information on cultural perspectives of foreign–born persons in the United States.
- Culture and Disability: Providing Culturally Competent Services, our book published by SAGE Publications based on the monograph series.
- Successful Outreach to Foreign–Born Consumers through Culture Brokering, a computer based tutorial in CD–Rom format.
- Culture and Disability, a 50 minute video presentation by CIRRIE director John Stone.
- Providing Culturally Competent Disability Services, an international conference held in October 2008.
- Asian Culture Briefs, a collaborative project between the National Technical Assistance Center for Asians and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities and CIRRIE based on the monograph series.
- Culture Brokering Workshop from the Institute for Community Inclusion.