1. Tshilolo L, Summa V, Gregorj C, Kinsiama C, Bazeboso J, Avvisati G, Labie D. (2012). Foetal Haemoglobin, Erythrocytes Containing Foetal Haemoglobin, and Hematological Features in Congolese Patients with Sickle Cell Anaemia. Anemia 2012:7 pages.
2. Nikhar HS, Meshram SU, Shinde GB. (2011). A comprehensive review of diverse issues related to sickle cell disease. East African Journal of Public Health 8(2):164-9.
3. Bernaudin F, Verlhac S, Arnaud C, Kamdem A, et al. (2011). Impact of early transcranial Doppler screening and intensive therapy on cerebral vasculopathy outcome in a newborn sickle cell anemia cohort. Blood 117(4):1130-40; quiz 1436.
4. Shilo NR, Lands LC. (2011). Asthma and chronic sickle cell lung disease: a dynamic relationship. Paediatric Respiratory Reviews 12(1):78-82.
5. Inati A, Khoriaty E, Musallam KM. (2011). Iron in sickle-cell disease: what have we learned over the years?. Pediatric Blood and Cancer 56(2):182-90.
6. de Montalembert M, Ferster A, Colombatti R, Rees DC, et al. (2011). ENERCA clinical recommendations for disease management and prevention of complications of sickle cell disease in children. American Journal of Hematology 86(1):72-5.
7. Steinberg MH. (2011). In the clinic. Sickle cell disease. Annals of Internal Medicine 155(5):ITC31-15; quiz ITC316.
8. Caird H, Camic PM, Thomas V. (2011). The lives of adults over 30 living with sickle cell disorder. British Journal of Health Psychology 16(3):542-58.
9. Wonkam A, Njamnshi AK, Mbanya D, Ngogang J, et al. (2011). Acceptability of prenatal diagnosis by a sample of parents of sickle cell anemia patients in Cameroon (sub-Saharan Africa). Journal of Genetic Counseling 20(5):476-85.
10. Marsh VM, Kamuya DM, Molyneux SS. (2011). 'All her children are born that way': gendered experiences of stigma in families affected by sickle cell disorder in rural Kenya. Ethnicity and Health 16(4-5):343-59.
11. Dennis-Antwi JA, Culley L, Hiles DR, Dyson SM. (2011). 'I can die today, I can die tomorrow': lay perceptions of sickle cell disease in Kumasi, Ghana at a point of transition. Ethnicity and Health 16(4-5):465-81.
12. Dennis-Antwi JA, Culley L, Hiles DR, Dyson SM. (2011). 'I can die today, I can die tomorrow': lay perceptions of sickle cell disease in Kumasi, Ghana at a point of transition. Ethnicity and Health 16(4-5):465-81.
13. Ganguly A, Boswell W, Aniq H. (2011). Musculoskeletal Manifestations of Sickle Cell Anaemia: A Pictorial Review. Anemia 2011:9 pages.
14. Laurie GA. (2010). Acute chest syndrome in sickle cell disease. Internal Medicine Journal 40(5):372-6.
15. Deane CR, Goss D, Bartram J, Pohl KR, et al. (2010). Extracranial internal carotid arterial disease in children with sickle cell anemia. Haematologica 95(8):1287-92.
16. Le PQ, Ferster A, Cotton F, Vertongen F, et al. (2010). Sickle cell disease from Africa to Belgium, from neonatal screening to clinical management. Medecine Tropicale 70(5-6):467-70.
17. Brown BJ, Okereke JO, Lagunju IA, Orimadegun AE, et al. (2010). Burden of health-care of carers of children with sickle cell disease in Nigeria. Health and Social Care in the Community 18(3):289-95.
18. Ngo C, Kayem G, Habibi A, Benachi A, et al. (2010). Pregnancy in sickle cell disease: maternal and fetal outcomes in a population receiving prophylactic partial exchange transfusions. European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology 152(2):138-42.
19. Lattimer L, Haywood C Jr, Lanzkron S, Ratanawongsa N, et al. (2010). Problematic hospital experiences among adult patients with sickle cell disease. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 21(4):1114-23.
20. Berthet S, Monpoux F, Soummer AM, Berard E, et al. (2010). [Neonatal screening for sickle cell disease at the Nice University Hospital: the last 8 years]. Archives de Pediatrie 17(12):1652-6.
21. Berthet S, Monpoux F, Soummer A-M, Berard E, et al. (2010). [Neonatal screening for sickle cell disease in Nice University Hospital: Review of 8 last years]. Archives de Pediatrie 17(12 ):1652-1656.
22. Guler E, Garipardic M, Dalkiran T, Davutoglu M. (2010). Premarital screening test results for (beta)-thalassemia and sickle cell anemia trait in east mediterranean region of Turkey. Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 27(8 ):608-613.
23. Dormandy E, Gulliford M, Bryan S, Roberts TE, et al. (2010). Effectiveness of earlier antenatal screening for sickle cell disease and thalassaemia in primary care: Cluster randomised trial. BMJ: British Medical Journal 341(7779 ):926.
24. Al Arrayed S, Al Hajeri A. (2010). Public awareness of sickle cell disease in Bahrain. Annals of Saudi Medicine 30(4):284-8.
25. Bartram JL, Thein SL, Gardner K, Egberongbe Y, et al. (2010). Outcome of children with sickle cell disease admitted to intensive care - a single institution experience. British Journal of Haematology 150(5):614-7.
26. Gardner K, Bell C, Bartram JL, Allman M, et al. (2010). Outcome of adults with sickle cell disease admitted to critical care - experience of a single institution in the UK. British Journal of Haematology 150(5):610-3.
27. Lanzkron S, Carroll CP, Haywood C Jr. (2010). The burden of emergency department use for sickle-cell disease: an analysis of the national emergency department sample database. American Journal of Hematology 85(10):797-9.
28. Peters M, Fijnvandraat K, van den Tweel XW, Garre FG, et al. (2010). One-third of the new paediatric patients with sickle cell disease in The Netherlands are immigrants and do not benefit from neonatal screening. Archives of Disease in Childhood 95(10):822-5.
29. Howard J, Woodhead T, Musumadi L, Martell A, et al. (2010). Moving young people with sickle cell disease from paediatric to adult services. British Journal of Hospital Medicine 71(6):310-4.
30. Felfly H, Trudel M. (2010). Successful correction of murine sickle cell disease with reduced stem cell requirements reinforced by fractionated marrow infusions. British Journal of Haematology 148(4):646-58.
31. Dias Zanette AM, de Souza Goncalves M, Vilasboas Schettini L, Magalhaes Aguiar L, et al. (2010). Alloimmunization and clinical profile of sickle cell disease patients from Salvador-Brazil.[Summary for patients in Ethn Dis. 2010 Spring;20(2):195; PMID: 20506598]. Ethnicity and Disease 20(2):136-41.
32. Dyson SM, Atkin K, Culley LA, Dyson SE, et al. (2010). Disclosure and sickle cell disorder: a mixed methods study of the young person with sickle cell at school. Social Science and Medicine 70(12):2036-44.
33. Dickerhoff R, Heimpel H. (2010). [Problems of adult sickle cell patients]. Therapeutische Umschau 67(5):245-50.
34. Rees DC, Williams TN, Gladwin MT. (2010). Sickle-cell disease. Lancet 376(9757):2018-31.
35. Asnani MR, Fraser R, Lewis NA, Reid ME. (2010). Depression and loneliness in Jamaicans with sickle cell disease. BMC Psychiatry 10:40.
36. Agasa B, Bosunga K, Opara A, Tshilumba K, et al. (2010). Prevalence of sickle cell disease in a northeastern region of the Democratic Republic of Congo: What impact on transfusion policy? Transfusion Medicine 20(1):62-65.
37. Derebail VK, Nachman PH, Key NS, Ansede H, et al. (2010). High prevalence of sickle cell trait in African Americans with ESRD. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology: JSAN 21(3).
38. Dyson SM, Atkin K, Culley LA, Dyson SE, et al. (2010). Disclosure and sickle cell disorder: A mixed methods study of the young person with sickle cell at school. Social Science and Medicine 70(12):2036-2044.
39. Okunlola MA, Olutayo AA, Okonkwo NS, Akingbola TS. (2010). Pattern of contraceptive use among women with sickle cell disease in Ibadan, South-west Nigeria. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 30(2):171-4.
40. Uchendu UO, Nwokocha ARC, Ikefuna AN, Emodi IJ, et al. (2010). Evaluation of sexual maturity among adolescent male sickle cell anaemia patients: The usefulness of testicular volume estimation. SAJCH South African Journal of Child Health 4(1):11-15.
41. Dickerhoff R, Von Rucker A. (2010). [Pregnancy in sickle cell disease. Complications - experiences - guidelines for optimal management]. Internistische Praxis 50(1):81-86.
42. Fadugbagbe AO, Gurgel RQ, Mendonca CQ, Cipolotti R, et al. (2010). Ocular manifestations of sickle cell disease. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 30(1):19-26.
43. Makani J, Komba AN, Cox SE, Oruo J, et al. (2010). Malaria in patients with sickle cell anemia: Burden, risk factors, and outcome at the outpatient clinic and during hospitalization. Blood 115(2):215-220.
44. Miller FA, Paynter M, Hayeems RZ, Little J, et al. (2010). Understanding sickle cell carrier status identified through newborn screening: A qualitative study. European Journal of Human Genetics 18(3):303-308.
45. Odame I. (2010). Developing a global agenda for sickle cell disease: report of an international symposium and workshop in Cotonou, Republic of Benin. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 38(4 Suppl):S571-5.
46. Tinti G, Somera R, Jr., Valente FM, Domingos CR. (2010). Benefits of kinesiotherapy and aquatic rehabilitation on sickle cell anemia A case report. Genetics and Molecular Research 9(1):360-4.
47. Mirre E, Brousse V, Berteloot L, Lambot-Juhan K, et al. (2010). Feasibility and efficacy of chronic transfusion for stroke prevention in children with sickle cell disease. European Journal of Haematology 84(3):259-65.
48. Sangho H, Keita HD, Keita AS, Diarra FY, et al. (2009). [Management of sickle cells disease by households in Bamako]. Mali Medical 24(3):53-6.
49. de Montalembert M. (2009). Current strategies for the management of children with sickle cell disease. Expert Review of Hematology 2(4):455-63.
50. Ozoene JO, Enosolease ME, Ajayi OI, Agoreyo FO, et al. (2009). Thirst perception in dehydrated sickle cell disease patients in steady state. Nigerian Journal of Physiological Sciences 24(2):121-7.