133. Al-Suleiman A, Aziz G, Bagshia M, El Liathi S, et al. (2005). Acute chest syndrome in adult sickle cell disease in eastern Saudi Arabia. Annals of Saudi Medicine 25(1):53-55.
134. Knight-Madden JM, Forrester TS, Lewis NA, Greenough A. (2005). Asthma in children with sickle cell disease and its association with acute chest syndrome. Thorax 60(3):206-210.
135. Samperi P, Bertuna G, Rossi G, Poli G, et al. (2005). Sensorineural hearing loss in sickle cell disease patients in Sicily. Minerva Pediatrica 57(5):285-288.
136. Girot R. (2005). [Current developments on sickle cell disease]. Revue Medicale de Bruxelles (Sp13).
137. Tunde-Ayinmode MF, Adelekan ML. (2005). Psychosocial impact of sickle cell disease in children seen at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Nigeria. East African Medical Journal 82(2):73-8.
138. Udezue E, Girshab AM. (2005). Observations on the management of acute pain crisis in adult sickle cell disease in eastern Saudi Arabia. Annals of Saudi Medicine 25(2):115-9.
139. Weatherall D, Hofman K, Rodgers G, Ruffin J, et al. (2005). A case for developing North-South partnerships for research in sickle cell disease. Blood 105(3):921-3.
140. Hogan AM, Kirkham FJ, Isaacs EB, Wade AM, et al. (2005). Intellectual decline in children with moyamoya and sickle cell anaemia. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology 47(12):824-9.
141. De D. (2005). Sickle cell anaemia 1: background, causes and incidence in the UK. British Journal of Nursing 14(8):447-50.
142. Akinyanju OO, Otaigbe AI, Ibidapo MO. (2005). Outcome of holistic care in Nigerian patients with sickle cell anaemia. Clinical and Laboratory Haematology 27(3):195-9.
143. Anie KA. (2005). Psychological complications in sickle cell disease. British Journal of Haematology 129(6):723-9.
144. Anie KA, Telfair J, Sickle Cell Disease Transition Study Working G. (2005). Multi-site study of transition in adolescents with sickle cell disease in the United Kingdom and the United States. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health 17(2):169-78.
145. Bennett L. (2005). Understanding sickle cell disorders. Nursing Standard 19(32):52-61; quiz 62.
146. While AE, Mullen J. (2004). Living with sickle cell disease: the perspective of young people. British Journal of Nursing 13(6):320-5.
147. Girot R, Begue P. (2004). [Sickle cell disease in childhood in 2004]. Bulletin de L'Academie Nationale de Medecine 188(3):491-505; discussion 505-6.
148. Godeau B. (2004). [Emergencies in adults with sickle cell disease]. Bulletin de L'Academie Nationale de Medecine 188(3):507-15; discussion 515-7.
149. Makani J. (2004). Stroke in sickle cell disease in Africa: case report. East African Medical Journal 81(12):657-9.
150. Giordano PC, Bouva MJ, Harteveld CL. (2004). A confidential inquiry estimating the number of patients affected with sickle cell disease and thalassemia major confirms the need for a prevention strategy in The Netherlands. Hemoglobin 28(4):287-296.
151. Al-Nood H, Al-Ismail S, King L, May A. (2004). Prevalence of the sickle cell gene in Yemen: A pilot study. Hemoglobin 28(4):305-315.
152. Bardakdjian J, Wajcman H. (2004). [Epidemiology of sickle cell anemia]. Revue du Praticien 54(14):1531-1533.
153. Galacteros F. (2004). [Sickle cell disease: taking care of more and older patients]. Revue du Praticien 54(14):1529-30.
154. Juwah AI, Nlemadim EU, Kaine W. (2004). Types of anaemic crises in paediatric patients with sickle cell anaemia seen in Enugu, Nigeria. Archives of Disease in Childhood 89(6):572-6.
155. Mbou FM, Martineau L, Eischen A, Elana G, et al. (2004). [Clinical course (ten years) of sickle cell disease in Martinique after neonatal screening]. Archives de Pediatrie 11(1):57-8.
156. Udezue E, Girshab AM. (2004). Differences between males and females in adult sickle cell pain crisis in eastern Saudi Arabia. Annals of Saudi Medicine 24(3):179-82.
157. Banjar HH. (2003). Sickle cell disease and cystic fibrosis. Saudi Medical Journal 24(1):97-100.
158. Elander J, Lusher J, Bevan D, Telfer P. (2003). Pain management and symptoms of substance dependence among patients with sickle cell disease. Social Science and Medicine 57(9):1683-96.
159. Fasola FA, Odaibo GN, Aken'Ova YA, Olaleye OD. (2003). Hepatitis B and C viral markers in patients with sickle cell disease in Ibadan, Nigeria. African Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 32(3):293-5.
160. Brewster B. (2003). Sickle cell anaemia: causes, signs, symptoms and treatment. Nursing Times 99(29):30-2.
161. Agarwal MB. (2003). Advances in management of sickle cell disease. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 70(8):649-54.
162. Al-Saeed HH, Al-Salem AH. (2002). Principles of blood transfusion in sickle cell anemia. Saudi Medical Journal 23(12):1443-8.
163. Adekile AD, Yacoub F, Gupta R, Sinan T, et al. (2002). Silent brain infarcts are rare in Kuwaiti children with sickle cell disease and high Hb F. American Journal of Hematology 70(3):228-31.
164. Anie KA, Steptoe A, Ball S, Dick M, et al. (2002). Coping and health service utilisation in a UK study of paediatric sickle cell pain. Archives of Disease in Childhood 86(5):325-9.
165. Jaiyesimi F, Pandey R, Bux D, Sreekrishna Y, et al. (2002). Sickle cell morbidity profile in Omani children. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 22(1):45-52.
166. Diagne I, Diagne-Gueye NR, Fall L, Ndiaye O, et al. (2001). [Acute encephalic manifestations in Senegalese children with sickle cell disease]. Dakar Medical 46(2):116-20.
167. Ohaeri JU, Shokunbi WA. (2001). Attitudes and beliefs of relatives of patients with sickle cell disease. East African Medical Journal 78(4):174-9.
168. Heijboer H, van den Tweel XW, Peters M, Knuist M, et al. (2001). [One year of neonatal screening for sickle-cell disease in Emma Children's Hospital/Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam]. Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde 145(37):1795-9.
169. Kane A, Mbengue-Dieye A, Dieye O, Sylla A, et al. (2001). [Echocardiographic aspects in pediatric patients with sickle cell disease]. Archives de Pediatrie 8(7):707-12.
170. Serjeant GR, Singhal A, Hambleton IR. (2001). Sickle cell disease and age at menarche in Jamaican girls: observations from a cohort study. Archives of Disease in Childhood 85(5):375-8.
171. Nistala K, Murray KJ. (2001). Co-existent sickle cell disease and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Two cases with delayed diagnosis and severe destructive arthropathy. Journal of Rheumatology 28(9):2125-8.
172. Al-Hawsawi ZM, Ismail GA. (2001). Acute splenic sequestration crisis in children with sickle cell disease. Saudi Medical Journal 22(12):1076-9.
173. Adewuyi JO. (2000). Knowledge of and attitudes to sickle cell disease and sickle carrier screening among new graduates of Nigerian tertiary educational institutions. Nigerian Postgraduate Medical Journal 7(3):120-3.
174. Bernaudin F, Verlhac S, Freard F, Roudot Thoraval F, et al. (2000). Multicenter prospective study of children with sickle cell disease: radiographic and psychometric correlation. Journal of Child Neurology 15(5):333-43.
175. Foster Williams K, Hambleton IR, Hilton C, Serjeant GR. (2000). Psychological distress among younger siblings of patients with homozygous sickle cell disease in the Jamaican cohort study. West Indian Medical Journal 49(1):52-4.
176. deVeber G, Roach ES, Riela AR, Wiznitzer M. (2000). Stroke in children: recognition, treatment, and future directions. Seminars in Pediatric Neurology 7(4):309-17.
177. Cipolotti R, Caskey MF, Franco RP, Mello EV, et al. (2000). Childhood and adolescent growth of patients with sickle cell disease in Aracaju, Sergipe, north-east Brazil. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 20(2):109-13.
178. Rahimy MC, Gangbo A, Adjou R, Deguenon C, et al. (2000). Effect of active prenatal management on pregnancy outcome in sickle cell disease in an African setting. Blood 96(5):1685-9.
179. Neonato MG, Guilloud Bataille M, Beauvais P, Begue P, et al. (2000). Acute clinical events in 299 homozygous sickle cell patients living in France. French Study Group on Sickle Cell Disease. European Journal of Haematology 65(3):155-64.
180. Raouf H, Balkis M, Emna G, Lamia A, et al. (2000). [Pulmonary complications in sickle cell syndromes]. Tunisie Medicale 78(3):176-80.
181. Wali YA, Venugopalan P, Rivera E, al Lamki Z. (2000). Cardiovascular function in Omani children with sickle cell anaemia. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 20(3):243-6.
182. Kamble M, Chatruvedi P. (2000). Epidemiology of sickle cell disease in a rural hospital of central India. Indian Pediatrics 37(4):391-6.