1. Cullum S, Metcalfe C, Todd C, Brayne C. (2008). Does depression predict adverse outcomes for older medical inpatients? A prospective cohort study of individuals screened for a trial*. Age and Ageing 37(6):690-695.
2. Kvaal K, McDougall FA, Brayne C, Matthews FE, et al. (2008). Co-occurrence of anxiety and depressive disorders in a community sample of older people: Results from the MRC CFAS (Medical Research Council Cognitive Function and Ageing Study). International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 23(3):229-237.
3. Cullum S, Tucker S, Todd C, Brayne C. (2007). Effectiveness of liaison psychiatric nursing in older medical inpatients with depression: a randomised controlled trial. Age and Ageing 36:436-42 (27 ref).
4. Brayne C, Gao L, Dewey M, Matthews FE. (2006). Dementia before death in ageing societies - The promise of prevention and the reality. PLoS Medicine 3(10):1922-1930.
5. Brayne C, McCracken C, Matthews FE. (2006). Cohort profile: The medical research council cognitive function and ageing study (CFAS). International Journal of Epidemiology 35(5):1140-1145.
6. Brayne C. (2006). Incidence of dementia in England and Wales: The MRC cognitive function and ageing study. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders 20(SUPPL. 2):S47-S51.
7. Matthews FE, Miller LL, Brayne C, Jagger C. (2006). Regional differences in multidimensional aspects of health: Findings from the MRC cognitive function and ageing study. BMC Public Health .
8. Yip AG, Brayne C, Matthews FE. (2006). Risk factors for incident dementia in England and Wales: the Medical Research Council Cognitive Function and Ageing Study. A population-based nested case-control study. Age and Ageing 35(2):154-60.
9. Rait G, Fletcher A, Smeeth L, Brayne C, et al. (2005). Prevalence of cognitive impairment: results from the MRC trial of assessment and management of older people in the community. Age and Ageing 34(3):242-8.
10. Stewart R, Richards M, Brayne C, Mann A. (2001). Cognitive function in UK community-dwelling African Caribbean elders: Normative data for a test battery. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 16(5):518-527.