1. Wolfs CAG, De Vugt ME, Verkaaik M, Verkade P-J, et al. (2010). Empowered or overpowered? Service use, needs, wants and demands in elderly patients with cognitive impairments. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 25(10 ):1006-1012.
2. Livingston JD, Boyd JE. (2010). Correlates and consequences of internalized stigma for people living with mental illness: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Social Science and Medicine 71(12 ):2150-2161.
3. Spencer G, Maxwell C, Aggleton P. (2008). What does 'empowerment' mean in school-based sex and relationships education? Sex Education 8:345-56 (74 ref).
4. Suominen T, Rankinen S, Kuokkanen L, Kukkurainen ML, et al. (2007). The constancy of work-related empowerment. Journal of Nursing Management 15(6):595-602.
5. Forlani G, Zannoni C, Tarrini G, Melchionda N, et al. (2006). An empowerment-based educational program improves psychological well-being and health-related quality of life in Type 1 diabetes. Journal of Endocrinological Investigation 29(5):405-12.
6. Che HL, Yeh ML, Wu SM. (2006). The self-empowerment process of primary caregivers: A study of caring for elderly with dementia. Journal of Nursing Research 14(3):209-18.
7. Svensson T, Mussener U, Alexanderson K. (2006). Pride, empowerment, and return to work: on the significance of promoting positive social emotions among sickness absentees. Work 27(1):57-65.
8. Varekamp I, Verbeek JHAM, van Dijk FJH. (2006). How can we help employees with chronic diseases to stay at work? A review of interventions aimed at job retention and based on an empowerment perspective. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health 80(2):87-97.
9. Klam J, McLay M, Brabke D. (2006). Personal empowerment program: addressing health concerns in people with schizophrenia. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services 44(8):20-8, 48-9.
10. Jingree T, Finlay WML, Antaki C. (2006). Empowering words, disempowering actions: an analysis of interactions between staff members and people with learning disabilities in residents' meetings. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 50(Part 3):212-26.
11. Tu YC, Wang RH, Yeh SH. (2006). Relationship between perceived empowerment care and quality of life among elderly residents within nursing homes in Taiwan: a questionnaire survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies 43(6):673-80.
12. Tu YC, Wang RH, Yeh SH. (2006). Relationship between perceived empowerment care and quality of life among elderly residents within nursing homes in Taiwan: a questionnaire survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies 43(6):673-80.
13. Rusch N, Lieb K, Bohus M, Corrigan PW. (2006). Self-stigma, empowerment, and perceived legitimacy of discrimination among women with mental illness. Psychiatric Services 57(3):399-402.
14. Melander Wikman A, Faltholm Y. (2006). Patient empowerment in rehabilitation: "Somebody told me to get rehabilitated". Advances in Physiotherapy 8(1):23-32.
15. Mercier-Juttier H, Novella JL, Carre-Pigeon F, Chaunu MP, et al. (2006). [Psychometric properties of the Euroqol measure in patients with muscular dystrophy]. Annales de Readaptation et de Medecine Physique 49(3):105-12.
16. Rusch N, Lieb K, Bohus M, Corrigan PW. (2006). Self-stigma, empowerment, and perceived legitimacy of discrimination among women with mental illness. Psychiatric Services 57(3):399-402.
17. Stone M, Pound E, Pancholi A, Farooqi A, et al. (2005). Empowering patients with diabetes: A qualitative primary care study focusing on South Asians in Leicester, UK. Family Practice 22(6):647-652.
18. Nachshen JS, Garcin N, Minnes P. (2005). Problem behavior in children with intellectual disabilities: Parenting stress, empowerment and school services. Mental Health Aspects of Developmental Disabilities 8(4):105-114.
19. Teram E, Schachter CL, Stalker CA. (2005). The case for integrating grounded theory and participatory action research: empowering clients to inform professional practice. Qualitative Health Research 15(8):1129-40.
20. Hansson L, Bjorkman T. (2005). Empowerment in people with a mental illness: reliability and validity of the Swedish version of an empowerment scale. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences 19(1):32-8.
21. Zoffmann V, Kirkevold M. (2005). Life versus disease in difficult diabetes care: conflicting perspectives disempower patients and professionals in problem solving. Qualitative Health Research 15(6):750-65.
22. Lloyd M, Carson A. (2005). Culture shift: carer empowerment and cooperative inquiry. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing 12(2):187-91.
23. McQuigg M, Brown J, Broom J, Laws RA, et al. (2005). Empowering primary care to tackle the obesity epidemic: the Counterweight Programme. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 59(1).
24. Pack S. (2005). Empowering families to care for people with schizophrenia. Nursing Times 101(30):32-4.
25. Pavlekovic G, Brborovic O. (2005). Empowering general practitioners in nutrition communication: individual-based nutrition communication strategies in Croatia. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 59(1).