6. Pfleger CC, Flachs EM, Koch-Henriksen N. (2010). Social consequences of multiple sclerosis: clinical and demographic predictors - a historical prospective cohort study. European Journal of Neurology 17(11):1346-51.
7. Mojon-Azzi SM, Sousa-Poza A, Mojon DS. (2010). Impact of low vision on employment. Ophthalmologica 224(6 ):381-388.
8. Stamm TA, Machold KP, Smolen J, Prodinger B. (2010). Life stories of people with rheumatoid arthritis who retired early: how gender and other contextual factors shaped their everyday activities, including paid work. Musculoskeletal Care 8(2):78-86.
9. da Silva LM, Palha PF, Barbosa GR, Protti ST, et al. (2010). [Pensioners with type 2 diabetes in the family health program in Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil]. Revista Da Escola de Enfermagem Da USP 44(2):462-8.
10. de Guzman AB, Llantino MLS, See VCL, Villanueva RFP, et al. (2008). Horizons, not boundaries, are the language of retirement: sense of fulfillment, fears, and life trajectories of faculty extendees in the Philippines. Educational Gerontology 34:749-62 (30 ref).
11. Butterworth P, Gill SC, Rodgers B, Anstey KJ, et al. (2006). Retirement and mental health: Analysis of the Australian national survey of mental health and well-being. Social Science and Medicine 62(5):1179-1191.
12. Wallman T, Wedel H, Johansson S, Rosengren A, et al. (2006). The prognosis for individuals on disability retirement An 18-year mortality follow-up study of 6887 men and women sampled from the general population. BMC Public Health 6(103):-.
13. Blekesaune M, Solem PE. (2005). Working conditions and early retirement: a prospective study of retirement behavior. Research on Aging 27(1):3-30.
14. Karpansalo M, Kauhanen J, Lakka TA, Manninen P, et al. (2005). Depression and early retirement: prospective population based study in middle aged men. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 59(1):70-4.
15. Lobeck M, Thompson AR, Shankland MC. (2005). The experience of stroke for men in retirement transition. Qualitative Health Research 15(8):1022-36.
16. Spiers NA, Matthews RJ, Barker GA, Jagger C, et al. (2005). Standard of living in the retirement survey: a predictor of six-year functional limitation onset and mortality in women, but not in men from ages 55 - 69 years. Disability and Rehabilitation 27(23):1415-23.
17. Sundquist K, Johansson S, Qvist J, Sundquist J. (2005). Does occupational social class predict coronary heart disease after retirement? A 12-year follow-up study in Sweden. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health 33(6):447-54.
18. de Boer AGE, van Beek J, Durinck J, Verbeek JHA, et al. (2004). An occupational health intervention programme for workers at risk for early retirement; a randomised controlled trial. Occupational and Environmental Medicine 61(11):924-9.
19. Hannerz H, Tuchsen F, Spangenberg S, Albertsen K. (2004). Industrial differences in disability retirement rates in Denmark, 1996-2000. International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health 17(4):465-71.
20. Clouth J. (2004). [Costs of early retirement--the case of schizophrenia]. Psychiatrische Praxis 31(2):S238-45.
21. Bigby C, SB, CF, JM, et al. (2004). Retirement or just a change of pace: An Australian national survey of disability day services used by older people with disabilities. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability 29(3):239-254.
22. Tougas F, Lagace M, De La Sablonniere R, Kocum L. (2004). A new approach to the link between identity and relative deprivation in the perspective of ageism and retirement. International Journal of Aging and Human Development 59(1):1-23.
23. Fonseca AM, Paul C. (2004). Health and aging: Does retirement transition make any difference? Reviews in Clinical Gerontology 13(3):257-260.
24. Husemoen LL, Osler M, Godtfredsen NS, Prescott E. (2004). Smoking and subsequent risk of early retirement due to permanent disability. European Journal of Public Health 14(1):86-92.
25. Nuttman-Shwartz O. (2004). Like a high wave: adjustment to retirement. Gerontologist 44(2):229-36.
26. Zimmer Z, Kwong J. (2004). Socioeconomic status and health among older adults in rural and urban China. Journal of Aging and Health 16(1):44-70.
27. Sampaio RF, Silveira AM, Parreira VF, Makino AT, et al. (2003). [Retrospective analysis of permanent disability among retired workers at Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais from 1966 to 1999].[see comment]. Revista da Associacao Medica Brasileira 49(1):60-6.
28. Sorvaniemi M, Helenius H, Salokangas RK. (2003). Factors associated with being granted a pension among psychiatric outpatients with major depression. Journal of Affective Disorders 75(1):43-8.
29. Lord SR, Castell S, Corcoran J, Dayhew J, et al. (2003). The effect of group exercise on physical functioning and falls in frail older people living in retirement villages: a randomized, controlled trial. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 51(12):1685-92.
30. Kumar SV. (2003). Economic security for the elderly in India: an overview. Journal of Aging and Social Policy 15(2-3):45-65.
31. Bernardy K, Sandweg R. (2003). [Early pensioning: reasons and sequelae. A retrospective study of prognosis in early pensioning and course of illness subsequent to premature retirement]. Nervenarzt 74(5):406-12.
32. He YH, Colantonio A, Maeshall VW. (2003). Later-life career disruption and self-rated health: An analysis of general social survey data. Canadian Journal on Aging (Revue Canadienne Du Vieillissement) 22:45-57.
33. Rasmussen PH, Nielsen CV. (2003). [Utilization of occupational ability by persons on early retirement. A registry study]. Ugeskrift for Laeger 165(13):1335-8.
34. Stenager EN, Svendsen MA, Stenager E. (2003). [Disability retirement pension for patients with syndrome diagnoses. A registry study on the basis of data from the Social Appeal Board]. Ugeskrift for Laeger 165(5):469-74.
35. Gamperiene M, Nygard JF, Brage S, Bjerkedal T, et al. (2003). Duration of employment is not a predictor of disability of cleaners: a longitudinal study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health 31(1):63-8.
36. Emsley RA, Seedat S, Stein DJ. (2003). Posttraumatic stress disorder and occupational disability in South African Security Force members. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease 191(4):237-41.
37. Fouquereau E, Lapierre S, Fernandez A, Lavoie C. (2002). [Transition to retirement experiencing: France-Quebec comparison]. Revue Quebecoise de Psychologie 23(2):87-105.
38. Leger J-M, Moulias R, Robert P, Vellas B, et al. (2002). Agitation and aggressiveness among the elderly population living in nursing or retirement homes in France. International Psychogeriatrics 14(4):405-416.
39. Chorus AMJ, Boonen A, Miedema HS, Van der Linden S. (2002). Employment perspectives of patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 61(8 (Aug)):693-699.
40. Hagen KB, Tambs K, Bjerkedal T. (2002). A prospective cohort study of risk factors for disability retirement because of back pain in the general working population. Spine 27(16):1790-6.
41. Lord SR, Menz HB. (2002). Physiologic, psychologic, and health predictors of 6-minute walk performance in older people. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 83(7 (Jul)):907-911.
42. Krokstad S, Johnsen R, Westin S. (2002). [Medical and non-medical determinants for disability pension]. Tidsskrift for Den Norske Laegeforening 122(15 (Jun)):1479-1485.
43. Aranda C, Pando M, Guadalupe M, Aldrete. (2002). [Retirement, psychological troubles and social aid networks in older pensioned persons]. Revista de Psiquiatria de la Facultad de Medicina de Barcelona 29(3):169-174.
44. Teasdale TW, Engberg AW. (2002). Disability pensions in relation to stroke: A population study. Brain Injury 16(11):997-1009.
45. Cavigelli A, Fischer R, Dietz V. (2002). Socio-economic outcome of paraplegia compared to lower limb amputation. Spinal Cord 40(4):174-7.
46. McGauran N, Berger K, Robra BP. (2002). [Subjective functional dependence and objective geriatric assessment - A comparison of the Halberstadt Geriatric Study and the Augsburg Senior Citizens Study]. Zeitschrift fur Gerontologie und Geriatrie 35(1):60-69.
47. Siebert U, Rothenbacher D, Daniel U, Brenner H. (2001). Demonstration of the healthy worker survivor effect in a cohort of workers in the construction industry. Occupational and Environmental Medicine 58(12 (Dec)):774-9.
48. Trepanier L, Lapierre S, Baillargeon J, Bouffard L. (2001). [Tenacity and flexibility in the pursuit of personal projects: Impact on wellbeing during retirement]. Canadian Journal on Aging (Revue Canadienne Du Vieillissement) 20:557-576.
49. Vaananen-Tomppo I, Janatuinen E, Tornqvist R. (2001). All well at work? Evaluation of workplace-based early rehabilitation in the Finnish State administration. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research 24(3 (Sep)):171-80.
50. Buys LR. (2001). Life in a retirement village: Implications for contact with community and village friends. Gerontology 47(1):55-59.
51. Biefang S, Potthoff P, Bellach BM, Buschmann Steinhage R. (1998). Predictors of early retirement and rehabilitation for use in a screening to detect workers in need of rehabilitation. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research 21(1):13-28.
52. Hakkinen AH, Malkia EA, Sokka TM, Hannonen PJ. (1998). A physically demanding occupation predicts premature retirement among patients with erosive arthritis. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice 14(1):13-22.
53. Rodgers LM. (1998). A five year study comparing early retirements on medical grounds in ambulance personnel with those in other groups of health service staff. Part II: Causes of retirements. Occupational Medicine 48:119-32.
54. Guillemard AM. (1997). Re-writing social policy and changes within the life course organisation. A European perspective. Canadian Journal on Aging (Revue Canadienne Du Vieillissement) :441-464.
55. Fratangelo G, McNaughton LR. (1997). Exercise choices of retired Australian weightlifters. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 11(1):29-34.